100% Local Owned and Operated
We are a small 6th generation family business. We love taking guests out to share amazing experiences on the Akaroa Harbour on this 2 hour tour.
Personal & Inspiring Experience
We offer a more personal experience with a max. 12 guests per tour on a fun boat. We are passionate about nature and look forward to sharing our big blue back yard with you.
Amazing Scenery & Wildlife
The Akaroa Harbour has an incredible scenery due to it volcanic history, as well as a wide range of wildlife with White flippered Penguins, Fur Seals, Hector Dolphins and lots more.
Akaroa is beautiful,
… there’s many reasons why Akaroa Harbour is breathtaking. It’s incredible scenery was created from it’s volcanic history.
There is also a wide range of wildlife, White Flippered Penguins, New Zealand Fur Seals, Hector’s Dolphins, Albatross and many other sea birds.
We believe it is so amazing that if you come to Akaroa and do not go out on a boat tour you have missed the best our area has to offer!
We look forward to sharing our big blue back yard with you on our 2hr Akaroa Harbour Cruise.
We realise you have many choices
… here is why we think you should choose us
- We offer a more intimate and personal experience with a maximum of 12 guests per tour.
- We are all about being in the moment with the wildlife and scenery.
On our boat you feel as if you are part of the environment not just a spectator.
- We are highly recommended and rated on Tripadvisor by independent reviews from previous guests just like yourself.
- Unlike bigger boats our boat can get you closer to cliffs, caves, sea arches, scenery and wildlife.
- Our boat is closest to the water than any other boat in Akaroa so if dolphins choose to surf under the front you are only 3 feet away from them, it’s a magical experience.
- All our tours are as low impact as possible to the environment and wildlife following the regulations set out by our Department of Conservation.
- With our local knowledge you will have very informative commentary on the area, geology, history and wildlife.
- Our boat is an ex Americas Cup chase boat and has been a Coastguard rescue vessel saving peoples lives.
- It is an exciting, fantastic, sea going boat that is safe and stable.
- It is licensed by Maritime NZ with all the necessary safety equipment.
The Akaroa Harbour Cruise
… route will vary every day according to weather conditions.
Your safety is our first priority and secondly and most importantly for you, a wonderful all-round experience.
We will take you to all of the special places and highlights of Akaroa Harbour and when conditions permit we will enter The Pacific Ocean, the largest body of water on the planet!
Steve will also show you where he grew up on his family sheep farm and you will be able to see why he’s happier on the boat with you than chasing sheep.
You will hear about the family’s conservation efforts and see Akaroa Marine Reserve.
You will have informative commentary, explaining all wildlife viewed on tour, Maori, European History and Geology.
… a few things to know before arrival
Meet Steve and the crew down at the boat on the end of Daly’s Wharf (The smaller less crowded wharf) #1 Rue Balguerie in Akaroa.
Please check in at
Departure is at
We suggest that you use the public toilets before arrival, with a smaller boat our toilet is for emergency use.
Even on a warm day, it is a good idea to bring warm clothes as sea breezes can be cooler than on land.